Find A Ride
We provide door-to-door accessible transportation for ALL Kings County residents, east of Aylesford to destinations within Nova Scotia. Although we focus on seniors and those with challenges, anyone can travel with us.
Door-to-door accessible services are offered to any resident who requires transportation.
Group trips are offered to any destination within Nova Scotia for groups such as senior’s homes, camps, schools, and others.
We offer accessible transportation services to all residents of Kings County east of Aylesford.
Have you booked your appointment to be vaccinated, but now need a ride to get there? We can help get you there, and back home. We offer door-to-door rides at reasonable prices.
With our varied vehicles, including accessible options, we can take you to your appointment regardless of your mobility. So if you need transportation, contact us today.
Booking a ride, in 3 easy steps:
- Pre-book your vaccination appointment according to the directions given by the Department of Health.
- Go to our “How to Book” section (just under this section, or under our main menu). You’ll find our ride booking process there.
- Follow our directions on how to book your trip.
(Please note: Round trip cost is only $5. We require booking at least 24 hours in advance.)
Easily accessible. We’re the Way To Go.
We have implemented COVID-19 protocols and procedures to protect everyone’s health and safety. Please ask us at the time you book what current policies are in place.
All trips must be booked more than 24 hours in advance during office hours. Next day bookings must be made by 11:00am.
Monday to Friday, 8:30am to 4:30pm
Register with KPPT!
For just a one-time $10 fee you can be registered to travel with Kings Point to Point Transit Society.
Your fee, registration forms and waivers can be emailed to [email protected], mailed, given to the driver on your first trip or dropped off at the office.
Don’t have a printer? Copies of our membership package can be obtained from our office, or from any of our drivers.
All prices include HST.Individual Rates (Price is for one way only)
Wheelchair Clients: Attendant rides for free.
Halifax, Bridgewater & Lunenburg
Prices one way or same day return
Please call 902-681-2846 for a quote.
|Stops (10 min or less)||$2.00 each|
|Driver Wait Time||$24.00/hour|
- Please be ready when the driver arrives to pick you up. Please remember that punctuality is important as we have schedules to maintain.
- All drive requests MUST be made by telephone through the office and scheduled more than24 hours in advance during office hours. Bookings are on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Cancellations must be made at least one hour prior to the scheduled pick up time, otherwise full trip fare will be charged.
- Drivers will pick you up and drop you off at pre-arranged destinations. Please let the office know if you need to make any changes or additional stops.
- Seatbelts must be worn at all times or present a doctor’s certificate to the driver. If a client does not wear their seatbelt during transport, any seatbelt fines are the responsibility of the client or their caregiver/guardian.
- All trips are to be paid in full to the driver, unless other arrangements have been made.
- Any client requiring an attendant must travel in the vehicle with the client for all medical or other one-time appointments. Attendants travel for free!
- Wheelchair clients must have footrests secured on their chairs or transport will be denied.
- Kings Point to Point Transit Society has a No-Smoking policy in all vehicles.
- Remember No Scents is Good Sense!
- Kings Point to Point Transit Society operates in a climate of courtesy and mutual respect. Please be polite and courteous at all times.
Inclement Weather Policy
In the event that severe weather affects the ability of the service to continue the following policy will apply:
When a storm is forecast for the region and local schools are closed Kings Point to Point Transit Society will cancel all transportation for that day. Poor driving conditions prove unsafe to carry passengers.
- The decision will be made early in the morning and an announcement will be made on all the local radio stations (AVR. Magic 94.9 & K-Rock 89.3) sometime after 6:30a.m., it will also be put onto AVR’s website, informing the general public of the cancellation.
- There will be a taped message on the Kings Point to Point Transit Society office answering machine at 902-681-2846 to notify incoming calls of the cancellation.
All appointments are the responsibility of the client to rebook.
Drives for Medical Appointments going to Halifax may or may not be cancelled depending on the road conditions at the time of departure. If the ride is cancelled the scheduled driver will contact the client.
“Not sure what I would do without you ALL.” – 90 year-old lady who lives alone with no family
“We wish to commend the workforce for supremely fine service, good humour, willingness and efficiency. The management, office staff and drivers are courteous, obliging and ever helpful. We are indeed fortunate to have this service in our community. We would be lost without it.” – Dr & Mrs L.
“Thanks for the great trips to Blomidon Park and back home.” – client transported for employment